1. Spinach is 30% protein, with a complete amino-acid profile. This means that is contains all of the essential amino acids, and is an excellent protein source.
2. Spinach contains high levels of the amino acid tryptophan, which contributes to good mood and decreasing appetite.
3. Research shows that spinach contributes to cancer prevention and slows down cancer progression. This is particularly true for breast & prostate cancers.
4. Spinach is anti-inflammatory, and will help to ward off any –itis condition you may have.
5. Spinach is very high in vitamin K, which help in maintaining healthy bones.
One great way to enjoy your spinach daily:
In a blender or a food processor, blend:
This drink is a great afternoon boost!